Saturday, August 15, 2009

Static Slides For Former Equity Stations

KKYK-CA 20 as received near Star City August 15, 2009 at 6:02am. Time displayed on TV is incorrect

KLRA-LP 58 Little Rock as received near Star City August 15, 2009 at 6:22am. Time on TV is again incorrect, likely due to tuning into a DTV station with hosed time prior.

KKYK-CA is not running any programming as of 6am August 15th. Nothing from Tuff TV, nor an infomercial---nothing but this slide showing their former(?) affiliation and the list of stations both active and off the air.

Why did I put the question mark on "former"? Perhaps the current owners of KKYK are holding on to THIS and warehousing it for when KKYK switches to digital on its channel 20 LPTV "Class A" station in Little Rock. I'm sure that Tuff TV (TTV)won't be the only stream shown on KKYK. Perhaps in addition to TTV and THIS(?), the programming on KLRA-LP 58 (Univision) may drift over to the stronger DTV signal.

The only transmitter active of the bunch shown in the ID is the channel 20 in Little Rock. KKYK channel 49 Camden is awaiting conversion to digital since it was required to shut off on June 12. KWBK-LP Pine Bluff has been off the air for several months. It was on for most of 2008 (right after the KATV Tower collapase) but even during that time had issues with audio and was esentually unwatchable. I've logged KTVV-LP channel 63 in Hot Springs once, and used to see KEJC-LP channel 47 Sheridan occasionally. For you hard-core trivia buffs, channel 47 was the original assigned frequency for AETN (KETS-DT) in Central Arkansas before the VHF Kool Aid drinkers swapped it for KEJC's old channel 5 assignment in the early 2000's.

A check of KLRA-LP 58 Little Rock this morning at 6:18am shows the same thing for that station. The slide with the Univision Logo and "Noticias Arkansas" is listed with a unreadable list of station ID's.

These static slides suggest something isn't right. Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be an explaination from some source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see both kkyk20 and tuff tv on 20 is a great thing but I can do without some of the tuff man stuff sports shows but the shows daniel boone show right off the bat that I can think on I would like to see more of but not cisco kid I did not like him growing up and still don't.